Buying used mobile phones is a common activity nowadays. In fact, more and more people are relying on online classifieds websites for the same. Quikr.com and OLX.in are few of the leading classifieds service providers online along with a host of other websites. As the CEO of Quikr, Mr. Pranay Chulet says, online classifieds has a sizeable user base in India. He feels that online classifieds websites are redefining traditional print classified spaces. People are now getting new and simple methods of buying, selling and finding their desired things. This is one space that is set to expand more and more with the passage of time. It is but natural that buying a used mobile phone is far easier on such networks. You can get quality mobile phones at half their original prices here. Since direct contact with the seller is facilitated, questions of reliability are addressed as well. All you need to do is check out the free ads posted on the portal or website.
|Samsung Galaxy Note|
Things to Look for When Buying Used Mobile Phones
There are certain things that you should always look for when buying used mobile phones. These are:
- The body of the mobile phone: This is where you can actually get the bargain of your dreams. If the body is slightly damaged with scratches or little dents, it may bring down prices considerably. Many people do not like little damages but if it’s nothing serious, you may as well get a great deal on a premium phone.
- Check out the touch screen properly. This is one area where there should be no compromise with quality. If there are too many marks and scratches, you should always insist on further discounts.
- The battery is essential for long term usage. The seller might inform you about degrading charge time. Be sure to pick up cheap replacements immediately.
- Look out for potential software problems and fix them immediately. Ask the seller with regard to any possible software jinxes that the phone might have.
- While buying used phones online, check out the reliability of the seller. View all descriptions and photographs very carefully. Always opt for the most trustworthy seller even if that means paying a little extra.
- If you feel anxious about the lack of a warranty, look for mobile phones that have limited warranty periods left. This might cost you more but will definitely salvage your mental peace.
- Be clear about your own choices and the features you want. Doing some research on phone models will not hurt either.